The 2020 Jack Frost Festival is now in the planning stages. Due to Covid-19 and existing (10/12/20) State of Michigan regulations, there is uncertainty regarding exactly what events will occur. Many have been cancelled and will not be a part of the Festival this year. Others are "maybe". Some are new. The Jack Frost Festival Parade, scheduled for Saturday, December 5, at 6:00 p.m. in downtown Ironwood, will be cancelled this year. We thank all those who have entered, and we hope that 2021 will be an outstanding parade year!
The following is a list and description of Jack Frost Festival event status as of 10/26/20:
- Ironwood Area Business and Professional Women's Club 50/50 raffle will occur. Tickets are available at: Rigoni's of Ironwood Restaurant; Chief Oil Company; Makela, Pollack & Ahonen Accountants; and the Elk & Hound Restaurant. Each ticket costs $1.
- Jack Frost $10,000 Raffle will occur and is now in operation. Only 200 tickets are printed. Each ticket costs $100. Tickets can be purchased at the Ironwood Chamber Office in the Historic Ironwood Depot from 7:30 -1:00 Monday through Friday, Saturdays from 9-12 during November, and also at Northwind Natural Foods Co-op, 116 South Suffolk Street during normal business hours. The drawing for the cash prizes will be on December 5, at 2:00, at the Northwind Co-op. 1st = $5K, 2nd = $2K, 3rd = $1K, 4th = $500, 5th = $500, 6th = $250, 7th = $250, 8th = $250, and 9th = $250
- NEW for Jack Frost Festival 2020 is the Ironwood Chamber of Commerce Home Decorating Lights and Display Contest. Contest runs from December 1 to December 18, with judging December 19 -21. All registrations (attached below) due into the Chamber office by Friday, December 18. The contest has two divisions: Theme and Non-Theme. Prizes for each division are: 1st = $300, 2nd = $200 and 3rd = $100. Each prize winner will also receive a ribbon medallion and a certificate. Judging criteria are on the registration sheet. An additional award, the "People's Choice Award" will be awarded based upon votes received here at the Chamber office. Social distance this year and "Go The Distance" by decorating your dwelling this year! 2020 Jack Frost Home Contest II
- NEW Family Snow Sculpture Contest. The Ironwood Chamber is sponsoring a Family Snow Sculpture Contest for area children and families. The Contest runs from December 1 to December 18 (assuming we have sufficient snow!). Five cash prizes and ribbons! Forms at the Chamber Depot office, Northwind Co-op, and here:Snow Sculpture Contest
- The WJMS radio/Ironwood Chamber Business Window Decorating Contest will occur! New this year will be three prize levels: 1st = $200 worth of advertising from WJMS and $100 cash, 2nd = $50, and 3rd = $25. Make sure to get your entry forms in early! You can get the official entry form here: Jack Frost Decorating Contest ENTRY 2020
- The Jack Frost Festival Tree Lighting will occur in Depot Park on Thursday, November 19th, at 6:00. We ask that people watch this from their cars in the Depot parking lot or on Facebook livestream and not gather in a cluster around the tree. We will not be having a choir this year, just a few brief remarks and then turn on the lights. Unlike previous years, the Depot itself will be closed--no "after lighting treats."
- An Ironwood Carnegie Library sponsored Christmas Business Window "Story Walk" will occur this year. Set-up will be on December 3 in downtown Ironwood.
- "FROST FRIDAY" on Friday, December 4, is planning events, but none have been confirmed as of yet. As they are confirmed, they will be added to this calendar and posted on our Jack Frost Festival Facebook page.
- Northern Elves Holiday Market is scheduled for Saturday, December 5, outdoors at the Depot Park Pavilion. To view all the activities available for signing up and participating in, go to: https://www.northernelves.org
- JACK FROST PARADE, SCHEDLED FOR SATURDAY, DECEMBER 5, IS CANCELLED. The number and type of other events (crafters, Theatre, etc.) is unconfirmed as of this date (10/26/20). As events are confirmed, they will be posted here and on the Jack Frost Festival Facebook page.
- Santa Claus at the Aurora Club, Saturday, December 5, uncertain at present. Given existing Covid-19 conditions the Aurora Club, 101 Penokee Road, Ironwood, has tentatively agreed to host this event in a modified form. Social distancing and masks required. Come and meet Santa and Mrs. Claus from 3pm to 5pm.
- Aspirus Hospital Tree of Love Ceremony will occur in December. Date has yet to be determined and the event will be modified to account for Covid-19 regulations.
- Fire-on-the-Hill Snowcross racing on Saturday, December 5, at Mt. Zion in Ironwood is POSTPONED. If possible, the race will be rescheduled to March, 2021.
- Pro Vintage Snowmobile Race and Ironwood Snowmobile Olympus events are unconfirmed as of this date (10/26/20).
- SISU Nordic Ski Festival will be a VIRTUAL EVENT this year. Please go to https://www.sisuskifest.com/ to find details and entry forms.
- Norrie Club "Light Up The Night" Christmas tree burning will occur on January 30, Saturday, at the Norrie Club, 385 Aspen Street, in Ironwood. More details will soon be listed here. This event marks the traditional close to the Jack Frost Festival